With the blossoming future of the Software industries in India, the first thing that will come to anyone’s mind is the industries flourishing under the different streams of computer science and application of the numerous institutions distributed all across India. The future of any candidate from the field of any course in computer science or applications is brighter than from any other stream of engineering, as is known to everyone. This blog here addresses one such stream and its future scope in detail, i.e. Masters in Computer Applications (MCA).
What is Master of Computer Application (MCA) all about?
Master of Computer Applications or MCA is a postgraduate program for a 2-year period that provides advanced knowledge and skill on different aspects of computer studies and their applications.
Graduates from a BSc. & BBA in Computer Applications generally opt for an MCA before going for jobs. BBA Computer Applications is an undergraduate course for 3 years (full-time) that intends to purvey advanced knowledge on a wide range of applications from the field of computer science.
MCA Course Highlights
MCA is a post-graduation 2-years’ course that candidates can opt for after BBA, BCA, BSc, BCom degrees. Those who have completed a BA degree with Mathematics as a general elective are also eligible for this course.
A minimum percentage of 50-60% in the Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 55% in Class XII is required for eligibility as well. The skills required include a positive attitude, strong technical skills, good communication, knowledge of programming, and awareness of tech trends.
Some colleges conduct Entrance Exams for MCA like UPSEE, NIMCET, VIT MEE, TANCET, etc.
Top Benefits of Studying MCA Degree Course
It’s not for any vague reasons that MCA is one of the most popular courses in India. Below are the best motivating reasons for a candidate to enroll in an MCA course:
- Theoretical knowledge: MCA course provides a thorough knowledge of four topics – the mathematics behind computer science, systems science, core computers, and software design and developments.
- Practical knowledge: MCA course imparts an in-depth knowledge of the practical aspects of computers.
- Job opportunities: There are lots of impressive job options for MCA graduates in the ever-evolving IT sectors, both in India and abroad.
- Preference over other degrees: MCA is a professional degree, and hence the candidates have an upper edge over others. In regular office set-ups also, they are supposed to be better equipped at good counsel.
- Impressive Salary Packages: An MCA postgraduate can easily achieve impressive salary packages in major companies, ranging between Rs 2.5 lakh and Rs 3.5 lakh per annum.
Future Scope of MCA Degree in India
MCA postgraduates are sought after in various fields like IT, Medical Sciences, Engineering, etc. that require advanced knowledge in computers and their applications.
The skill sets of MCA postgraduates are needed in sectors like government organizations, e-commerce, and security companies as well as in companies providing hardware support, technical design services, and web development for their customers.
What Can I Do After BBA in Computer Application?
Any BBA degree holder in Computer Applications can either go for job opportunities on completion of this program or for higher studies in other fields. The popular choices are:
- MBA: Most of the BBA degree holders from Computer Applications opt to go for higher education to pursue an MBA or a PGDM course, through a national level examination.
- PGDCA: PGDCA is a postgraduate diploma course for a 1-year period imparting advanced knowledge and skill on computer applications, programming languages like Oracle, JAVA, etc.
- PGDBM: PGDBM is a professional postgraduate diploma course of a 2-year period providing in-depth knowledge on business economics, marketing, organizational behavior, management study, etc.
- Competitive examinations: Many graduates can think of preparing for competitive examinations both in India and abroad. In India, the examinations that are meant for job opportunities in the Government sector are followed by jobs with assured high payment and regular increments.
- Certificate Courses: Candidates can also go for Certificate Courses in Management on completion of BBA in Computer Applications.
If one chooses to keep options open in private jobs, they can always apply for any IT company, telecom, consultancy, private banks or any other company after completing consultancy. The popular job titles are Hardware expert, Software tester, System Analyst, Network Analyst among others.
The Graduates from a BBA in CA are open to several imminent job opportunities in various other fields apart from IT industry. Banking sectors, defense services, central services, and many other institutions offer jobs with promising annual packages.
The popular job titles include Web Designer, System Programmer, Software Developer, Network Administrator, Network Analyst, Sales Executive, Professor, Research Assistant, Technical Support Engineer, Test Engineer, etc.
Career Options After MCA Degree in India
By pursuing an MCA degree in India, you will eligible for applying the best job profiles. Also, chances are more that you get noticed by the top recruiting companies. Cehck out the details below:
After completing MCA, the postgraduates can apply for any of the following profiles:
- Software Developer
- Software Publisher
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Computer System Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Hardware Engineer
- Project Manager
- Senior Technical Consultant
- Web Designer/Web Developer
The postgraduates in MCA are hired by the government organizations as well as by private IT companies. The popular recruiting companies are as follows:
- American Express
What Salary will I Get After Master Computer Application Degree?
The average annual salary of a software developer in India ranges around Rs.3.5 lakhs per annum though it varies according to the working organization, educational background of the employee, and his skill sets. In general, the starting salary is between INR 2.5 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs per annum with promised regular increment.
However, if one has skills in programming languages like C++ and Java/J2EE he or she can easily get a job with a handsome salary package in this field.
Initiate a great career with Suryadatta Group of Institutes
Hence, it has become clear that if you pursue the MCA course from a well-recognized university, you will get very promising jobs and career opportunities in almost every field in the software industry.
Undergoing MCA at Suryadatta Group of Institutes offers you a wide exposure to the state-of-art infrastructure along with top-notch computer labs. The program is designed as per the industry requirements so that it becomes easier for the students while they apply for jobs. The program aims to help the students understand the basics of computing so that they can compete in the present-day global scenario.
Therefore, if you are thinking about a future in the market, don’t hesitate twice before choosing this as the first step in your career path. And don’t forget to check the MCA program course details of Suryadatta Group of Institutes.