Suryadatta’s core team comprises senior professionals, each with the highest qualification in their respective fields, in addition to a minimum of 15 years of in-depth work experience in the corporate world as well as the academics. Along with sound academic inputs, Suryadatta also believes in giving practical exposure to its students. As a part of this initiative, Suryadatta regularly organizes industrial visits, seminars and workshops serving as a platform where senior executives from the corporate world share their invaluable experiences. We provide a vibrant atmosphere for Industry-Institute Interface in the form of Management Development Programmes, Consultancy, Applied Research, Internship tenures and Event Management.
We believe in giving practical exposure to our students by way of a plethora of Industry visits on a regular basis. Students visit and study various kinds of industry and make a report followed by a presentation. They are given exposure to the functions of HRD, Manufacturing, Marketing, IT, Finance, Import & Export, Custom Clearance, Materials Management and Logistics.
Suryadatta regularly organizes study tours as an indivisible part of the students curriculum. The tour focuses on providing practical exposure on industrial know-how, interaction with corporate leaders to learn about contemporary business philosophies as well as to give impetus to socially relevant issues through rallies organized specially for the purpose.
The tour also includes an adventure camp as an integral part. The highlight of the camp is the relaxation afforded to the students through a variety of entertainment programmes to help them rid their fatigue and cheer up to re-inforce their energies on return from the exciting but demanding tour schedule.
For Industrial visits, the choice of industry is made keeping in mind specialized sectors of interest to the students facilitating the pursuing of their projects/placements. This has immensely helped students to co-relate many aspects of management concepts and cope with real life situations in their future work life.
Suryadatta Education Foundation’s
Suryadatta College of Management Information Research and Technology,
A report on Industrial Visit
Place of Visit: – Reserve Bank of India Archives, Pune
Date of Visit: – 28th June 2022
SCMIRT has organised Industrial Visit to Reserve Bank of India Archives, Pune. As per norms a batch of Third Year B.Com. Students of SCMIRT along with faculty Asst. Prof. Rasika Dighde and Asst. Prof. Priya Barhate visited Reserve Bank of India Archives Museum at Pune. Dr. Rajeev Lochan Sahoo, Chief Archivist/Deputy General Manager has briefed us about the museum and documents preserved in it.
Outcome of the visit
The Reserve Bank of India Archives (RBIA) Pune, known as Central Records and Documentation Centre (CRDC).History of any institution focusing on documenting, collating, compiling, and presenting a comprehensive, authentic and objective study of the working of that institution, the events, the policies, the institutional development of the organisation.
From below points students come to know about how documents are preserved from ancient age.
- Receipt of non-current permanent records of the Bank having historical and / or legal value, closed more than 12 years back, or for such lower period as may be fixed by the Central Office of the concerned Department.
- Scientific preservation of records, photographs and paintings. In order to save the records from various pests, records received from Offices/ Departments are fumigated in Vacuum Fumigation Chamber. Besides, brittle and fragile records are repaired scientifically with acetate foil, tissue paper and handmade paper.
- Providing retrieval services and research facilities to all Departments and Offices of the Bank and outside institutions and researchers.
- Maintenance of archival library consisting of three copies of all publications brought out by the Reserve Bank of India such as books, reports, journals, manuals, brochures etc.
- Preparation of reference media such as indexes catalogues in respect of records and publications.
- Works as a nodal agency in respect of records management in the Bank and monitors the implementation of the Archival and Records Management Policy (ARMP) in all Departments and Offices of the Bank.
- Preservation of Oral History recordings.
- Organisation of exhibitions on topical themes relating to history of the Bank.
- Digitization and microfilming of records.
It was a very informative and interactive visit, visit concluded with the felicitation of the authorities even RBI staff arranged tea for all students and faculty members.
Asst. Prof. Rasika Dighde
Suryadatta College of Management Information Research &Technology,(SCMIRT)
Industrial Visit at Mapro Food Park Pvt. Ltd. Wai – 2021-22
SCMIRT SY and TY BCOM Cost and Work’s specialization students visited Mapro Food Park Pvt. Ltd., Wai on 28.04.2022.
Name of Company : Mapro Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Data of Visit : 28th April 2022
Time of Visit : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Composition of the Visiting Group :
SY BCOM (Cost and Work’s Accounting –I )
TY BCOM (Cost and Work’s Accounting –II& III )
Student Learning Objectives of the Visit:
- About the Company’s manufacturing processes and administration.
- Coordination of work and Team work
- Internal Communication
- Time Management
- Importance to hygiene in industry
- Professionalism and hospitality
41 students along with 3 faculty members visited Mapro factory, Wai to understand the costing concepts. Students had close look of the various processes carried out at the factory. They also got an opportunity to interact with the Production Manager which helped them to get conceptual clarity of costing basic concepts.
Asst. Prof. Deepali Gore made all arrangements for smooth conduction of visit with the support of Asst. Prof. Monika Kulkarni and Asst. Prof. Natali Sakharkar.